cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain renewal too expensive

Is that normal to renew a domain with over $150 for 1 year? of course i didn't try any coupon yet. but this price is way too much from what I did in previous years.  anything changed in Godaddy?

4 REPLIES 4
Employee
Employee

Re: Domain renewal too expensive

That's too high for a .com renewal, but some of the other top level domains may have set different pricing. Nothing's different at GoDaddy.

Is this based off of what you are seeing in your account? I just want to be sure you don't get scammed by someone other than GoDaddy emailing you trying to get you to pay them for a renewal.

Thanks for quick reply. It's in the Godaddy system,  I didn't see my domain was a top domain, and I don't think this kind of upsell is appropriate 

New

I have the same problem from 2011 they are cheating every year. This year they want 250% more then first year! then offer 20% discount. Every year its worst and kind of blackmailing. Very bad company, would never use them again. Im on the way to start new webside somewhere else. How did you manage? 

Solution

Hi @SM666,

Welcome to the Community...

The Registry for each TLD usually sets the renewal price for the domains you have registered through us. Your domain may be an exception to the standard TLDs (like .com, .Info, etc) and the renewal of gTLDs can vary widely. You should also check to see if you have added any add-on features prior to the renewal, such as protected Registration or Privacy that is determining some of your costs. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support