cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain name is redirecting my site to Riwi.com

I own the domain name www.thecherrypickers.org.uk.

I have used this domain name  with the Google site I have created for our organisation. The site has published and can be found using the native google site address https://sites.google.com/view/www-thecherrypickers-org-uk/home.

However www.thecherrypickers.org.uk. is redirecting the site to Riwi.com . This is happening on my laptop and phone.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @webbp19,

Welcome to the Community!

An external lookup of your domain shows that your "www" cname is attempting to direct to a Google site. But the A record on your domain is parked.

You can use these instructions  to update the DNS zone files in your GoDaddy account.

1. Go to your GoDaddy Domain Manager and access that domain's DNS.
2. Create 4 A Records - all have a "Host" name of "@" (no quotes) and "points to" the following:
3. Create a new CNAME entry.
4. Enter the subdomain name, for example, "www".
4. Type in the HOST name "ghs.googlehosted.com". This will point your URL to your Google site.
5. Create a forwarding command below the DNS listings in this GoDaddy account
6. Forward your domain to itself. For example, yourdomain.com should be forwarded to http://yourdomain.com. (Do not choose masking for this forward.) This should create a forwarding IP address in the A record of the DNS.

Complete the setup at Google using their instructions  as a guide. Please allow 24-48 hours for any DNS changes to resolve properly. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Hi @webbp19,

The CName you've created - www.thecherrypickers.org.uk - instead of just www, is causing too many redirects to the website, and failing to resolve. Please follow the instructions provided by Google. If they are not working, you will need to contact Google support.

You'll also want to complete the setup at Google using the following as a guide.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User II

@webbp19 

When I go to your domain, it redirects me to your Google site. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page. DNS changes can take a bit of time to propagate.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks for looking.

My first go on clearing the cache on my phone , tablet and laptop has had no effect.

www.thecherrypickers.org.uk still diverts to that site.

If you're is fine could you send me a screen shot please.

Thanks

Paul

Sent from my Huawei tablet

Hi @webbp19,

Welcome to the Community!

An external lookup of your domain shows that your "www" cname is attempting to direct to a Google site. But the A record on your domain is parked.

You can use these instructions  to update the DNS zone files in your GoDaddy account.

1. Go to your GoDaddy Domain Manager and access that domain's DNS.
2. Create 4 A Records - all have a "Host" name of "@" (no quotes) and "points to" the following:
3. Create a new CNAME entry.
4. Enter the subdomain name, for example, "www".
4. Type in the HOST name "ghs.googlehosted.com". This will point your URL to your Google site.
5. Create a forwarding command below the DNS listings in this GoDaddy account
6. Forward your domain to itself. For example, yourdomain.com should be forwarded to http://yourdomain.com. (Do not choose masking for this forward.) This should create a forwarding IP address in the A record of the DNS.

Complete the setup at Google using their instructions  as a guide. Please allow 24-48 hours for any DNS changes to resolve properly. 

Hello THL,

Thanks for the steps I have made the changes and hope we have a success. However.steps 3 and 4 did not work.

* Cname      Host : www     : Point to  ghs.googlehosted.com  came up with an effor message

Where as ghs.google.com gets accepted. 

Can you guide me if I am not following your instructions correctly.

Regards

Paul 

ghs.goggle.com

Hi @webbp19,

Those were instructions directly from the Google website. If "ghs.google.com" is now being requested from them, I'll update my saved instructions. We'll watch for propagation on the domain as well.

Good Afternoon

Thanks for clarifying how I should enter the cname www. I have entered that as www.thecherrypickers.org.uk. That enabled ghs.googlehosted.com to be accepted.

However, the website was still not displaying after 72 hours. 

I have just checked the Domain Settings in godaddy and the A  settlings you gave me and I entered had disappeared. I have re entered them as you will see. I notice that I also have the original A  setting of 184.168.131.241 which I cannot delete. 

Could you have a look again at how I have things set up please.

thanks 

Paul 

Hi @webbp19,

The CName you've created - www.thecherrypickers.org.uk - instead of just www, is causing too many redirects to the website, and failing to resolve. Please follow the instructions provided by Google. If they are not working, you will need to contact Google support.

You'll also want to complete the setup at Google using the following as a guide.