cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

DNS set up for different web hosting service(shopify.com) and email service(yahoo.com),

I am not the tech person. I need detail step by step guidance.

My Case is 

I do managing Domain at the Godaddy

and I do have website at the Shopify

and email service with yahoo 

and then I found some action that I need to change in DNS information. 

Please step by step instruction to change DNS information in Godaddy site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jonakim007 

If you do that - You would click change name serves and put in the 2 servers - but keep in mind you would then need to put the shopify information into Yahoo to link the site with Shopify instead of with Yahoo for the website portion of things.

According to this https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/article/SLN22315 if you are using Yahoo Small business for your email you MUST use their name servers - So you would need to change the name servers and then reach out to Yahoo Support if you need help putting in the Shopify information in Yahoo.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@jonakim007 

I'm going to start you off with https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/YOUDOMAIN.COM/dns

where YOURDOMAIN.com is replaced with your actual domain.

Shopify & Yahoo should provide you with the DNS entries you need to add to the GoDaddy DNS - we cannot provide you this information as you need to make sure you have the information that is specific to your account.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thank you for your support. 

I visited my domain DNS information and I found below information ,

CNAME1d287c2f-5030-41e4-93c4-f32005530ed3dns-verification.shopify.com1 HourEdit
CNAMEwwwnaisture.myshopify.com1 HourEdit
CNAME_domainconnect_domainconnect.gd.domaincontrol.com1 HourEdit
NS@ns37.domaincontrol.com1 Hour 
NS@ns38.domaincontrol.com1 Hour 
SOA@

Primary nameserver: ns37.domaincontrol.com.

1 Hou

can you please give me an idea which section do I need to change or add or edit with Yahoo Mail Service . Below is information that I got from Yahoo, 

Primary name server: yns1.yahoo.com
Secondary name server: yns2.yahoo.com 

@jonakim007 

If you do that - You would click change name serves and put in the 2 servers - but keep in mind you would then need to put the shopify information into Yahoo to link the site with Shopify instead of with Yahoo for the website portion of things.

According to this https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/article/SLN22315 if you are using Yahoo Small business for your email you MUST use their name servers - So you would need to change the name servers and then reach out to Yahoo Support if you need help putting in the Shopify information in Yahoo.

View solution in original post