cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

DNS Zone - Nameserver changes (advanced)

Hi, I recently purchased a domain name from GoDaddy to host my Azure cloud environment, so I already had 4 nameservers I wanted to use.

• I went to DNS Zone, 'change nameservers' under  "Advanced" option, entered all 4 of them (I had to add 2), saved, then the screen went blank.... ??? 😖
  • Obviously, no idea if GoDaddy accepted them or not. Now when I go to "DNS Zones" it just says "An Error Occurred"
  • For now, I have created a DNS template with 4 nameservers values with the same name and applied them to my domain afterwards but no idea if this is the right process?

• All I want to do is have Azure DNS host my domain that I created and purchased from GoDaddy - can you please tell me the right process to do this on your website & what supported browsers are?
  • I am using a recent version of Chrome (78.0.3904.108) but guessing maybe there are issues with GoD and Chrome? 
  • Please help me, thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@carnjam 

Changes to DNS can sometimes have unexpected results.

First, make sure you follow these instructions and ensure the correct information is in there for the nameservers by following Azure's instructions. Remember that DNS changes can take between 24-48 hours, but usually complete much, much sooner.

If there's still no change, it might need a flush of the DNS cache. That's something you'd have to call in or jump in live-chat to request it. If that's not it, they should be able to run some diagnostics to figure out the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@carnjam 

Changes to DNS can sometimes have unexpected results.

First, make sure you follow these instructions and ensure the correct information is in there for the nameservers by following Azure's instructions. Remember that DNS changes can take between 24-48 hours, but usually complete much, much sooner.

If there's still no change, it might need a flush of the DNS cache. That's something you'd have to call in or jump in live-chat to request it. If that's not it, they should be able to run some diagnostics to figure out the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post