cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cleaning entries in records

Hi,

I was doing forward of my custom domain to blogspot earlier. Like www.sample.com to www.sample.blogspot.com. I had many entries in records , which I do not understand now.

Now i have hosted by static website in Azure and updated records. I don't know which records to keep and which to delete. Currently i have records as shown in image. I want to know which entries I can delete without impacting the website.  I have only static website entries.PNG

I am also not sure whether to use default name servers? My website is hosted in Azure cloud

Name server
ns23.domain control.com
ns24.domain control.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @guptahim,

Welcome to the Community!

Most of your zone records can stay. Here are the ones that need to be edited or removed.

1. The first A record should have @ as the host (not the domain name) and the IP address of the server being used as the "points to" record.
  2. Edit he first CName for the www record so that the @ symbol is in the "points to" field (not the domain name).
  3. You can completely remove the second www record. The way it's configured would be www.a2dreams.a2dreams.com. An invalid address. 

Please allow 24-48 hours for the updates to propagate globally. Be sure to refresh your browser or clear its cache when checking for the current resolution. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @guptahim,

Welcome to the Community!

Most of your zone records can stay. Here are the ones that need to be edited or removed.

1. The first A record should have @ as the host (not the domain name) and the IP address of the server being used as the "points to" record.
  2. Edit he first CName for the www record so that the @ symbol is in the "points to" field (not the domain name).
  3. You can completely remove the second www record. The way it's configured would be www.a2dreams.a2dreams.com. An invalid address. 

Please allow 24-48 hours for the updates to propagate globally. Be sure to refresh your browser or clear its cache when checking for the current resolution. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post