Highlighted
New

Can't renewal domain

How can cancel my renewal because now i'm getting message:

"

Well, that's a bummer.

"

I've read
https://uk.godaddy.com/community/Domain-Investing/i-can-t-renew-my-domain/m-p/103120#M973

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/renew-my-domain-19070?isc=gofhepl06

and this

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/cancel-private-registration-1625

but none of above helped me.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Can't renewal domain

Hi @xliiv,

Thanks for posting. You may have protected registration on your domain, you should be able to confirm this by reviewing your products in the renewals and billing page, if you have protected registration it will be listed. If you do see it in your account, you will need to cancel the protected registration before deleting the domain. If you do not have protected registration and are still encountering this error you'll need to contact live support to investigate this. Hope that helps!

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution

You may have already figured it out. But for others searching, you do just as previous poster.  I will list the steps though because it took me all day to figure this out.

1.  Log into you account and  click on "My Products" in the top left hand corner.

2.  In the "Domains" section, click on "Manage All" on the to the right of "Domain".

3.  Click in the 3 dots next to the domain you are trying to cancel, then click on "Domain settings".

4.  Scroll down to, I believe the section that says "Additional Settings".  I'm not sure right now because it is now disabled.  But, in the section, there should be a box that says turn off Domain Ownership Protection or Personal Protection.  Something like that.  Click it.  It will scare you into saying you'll have to buy it again, but so what, we're canceling the site anyway.  

5.  Once you have disabled the website protection, it will say update pending or similar.  Give it a few minutes.  Click out go the section.  Come back to step 4 by following the same steps, and now in "Additional Settings" you have the option to click cancel. It will take you to the "Billing Details" where you can officially "check off" the box by your domain, then click "Cancel renew" and confirm it.  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Solution

Hi @xliiv,

Thanks for posting. You may have protected registration on your domain, you should be able to confirm this by reviewing your products in the renewals and billing page, if you have protected registration it will be listed. If you do see it in your account, you will need to cancel the protected registration before deleting the domain. If you do not have protected registration and are still encountering this error you'll need to contact live support to investigate this. Hope that helps!

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Highlighted
Solution

You may have already figured it out. But for others searching, you do just as previous poster.  I will list the steps though because it took me all day to figure this out.

1.  Log into you account and  click on "My Products" in the top left hand corner.

2.  In the "Domains" section, click on "Manage All" on the to the right of "Domain".

3.  Click in the 3 dots next to the domain you are trying to cancel, then click on "Domain settings".

4.  Scroll down to, I believe the section that says "Additional Settings".  I'm not sure right now because it is now disabled.  But, in the section, there should be a box that says turn off Domain Ownership Protection or Personal Protection.  Something like that.  Click it.  It will scare you into saying you'll have to buy it again, but so what, we're canceling the site anyway.  

5.  Once you have disabled the website protection, it will say update pending or similar.  Give it a few minutes.  Click out go the section.  Come back to step 4 by following the same steps, and now in "Additional Settings" you have the option to click cancel. It will take you to the "Billing Details" where you can officially "check off" the box by your domain, then click "Cancel renew" and confirm it.  

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @fynesse! This info is super helpful for other community members who may be experiencing the same issue. Take care and hope to see you again in the community!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.