cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Automatic Domain Renewal

I've given up several Domains because I couldn't set Manual Renewal where I could choose the charge card I wanted to use or needed to use.

The process to renew is so obtuse that I preferred not to be hassled and gave up Domains that I really wanted to keep.

Go Daddy has never been customer-oriented, sadly.

And with Domains becoming less important. in light of Social Media, I see Go Daddy as extinct in a few years

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Automatic Domain Renewal

Hello @rrrgroup and thank you for reaching out to the community with your issue/concern. 

Was this GoDaddy article helpful? Were you able to make a call to GoDaddy support in help in getting the correct payment you were wanting to use if you weren't able to do it via the GoDaddy console. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Re: Automatic Domain Renewal/?isc=gdcommment

I'd like to be able to provide the proper charge card for the renewal and
not be stuck with the payment card I used last time I renewed that's all.
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

you should be able to. If you can't figure it out online, give GoDaddy Support a call and they should be able to charge the correct card that you want to be charged. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Hi @rrrgroup,

Welcome to the Community!

You may assign any or all of your products to specific payment methods at any time. These instructions should help you with that process. Once assigned, if that payment method fails for any reason, GoDaddy WILL NOT charge your product to another option in your account (we don't try credit cards you have not assigned to that product). If you prefer that the payment method assigned not be used the next time, you may either change it ahead of renewal (multiple email alerts are sent) or manually renew it in your account with the payment of your choice. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support