cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Advice on a upcoming first-time owner of domain name

Hello, I'm a new user and am looking to purchase a domain name for my business. I have a domain name in mind that I would like to purchase, but would like some advice.

When purchasing a domain name, how long should I register it for? I was initially thinking of having it up for 1 year, but 2 years seems attractive as well (mainly for the discounted price per year). I am a bit unsure since this is my first time purchasing a domain name. The domain name is meant for my website where I will be uploading my online portfolio and where I will direct potential clients/employers. This is my first time doing this and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless.

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Advice on a upcoming first-time owner of domain name

@aycollins wrote:

Hello, I'm a new user and am looking to purchase a domain name for my business. I have a domain name in mind that I would like to purchase, but would like some advice.

When purchasing a domain name, how long should I register it for? I was initially thinking of having it up for 1 year, but 2 years seems attractive as well (mainly for the discounted price per year). I am a bit unsure since this is my first time purchasing a domain name. The domain name is meant for my website where I will be uploading my online portfolio and where I will direct potential clients/employers. This is my first time doing this and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless.

@aycollins It's probably a difference of $5 or so for the 2nd year. If you can envision your site being online for the next 2 years then by all means, register it for the 2 years. If you go with one year, you can always renew it later, albeit at the regular renewal rate.

---