cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Account Management and Domain Problem

Hello, 

I' bought a domain from Google, and is registered with GoDaddy, the question is, I cannot login with the given details by the Google, however by logging in Google's domain manager I somehow successfully login, but not in GoDaddy, Its been 72 hours or so already having this issue, tried to contact GoDaddy (have chat with them but seems the issue have not resolved ) and Google as well...customergdomainspic.pngThen,  I bought a Web Hosting from GoDaddy and tried to "Add DNS" with my domain it says that "This domain is owned by someone else or in a different shopper account."

How can I be able to fixed this? Anyone pls, I need help with this, any replies is much appreciated, thank you guys,

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Account Management and Domain Problem

@wenman16 

I'm not sure if I'm following what you have going on - so I'd like to recap below

1) You have a domain name registered via Google

2) You can access the Google DNS management for your domain

3) You have purchased a hosting account from GoDaddy - it sounds like this is a cPanel account (https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting)  - Please confirm

4) This is where I'm lost - with "Add DNS" - where are you trying to do this? what have you named the server?

GoDaddy does have some "safe guards" in place where you can't have to products linked with the same domain, nor can you have products in different accounts linked with the same domain - perhaps that is what is happening here.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281 

1) You have a domain name registered via Google - - with GoDaddy

2) You can access the Google DNS management for your domain - Yes,

3) You have purchased a hosting account from GoDaddy - it sounds like this is a cPanel account (https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting)  - Please confirm - Yes, it is a cpanel account

4) This is where I'm lost - with "Add DNS" - where are you trying to do this? what have you named the server? - When I tried to add my domain to GoDaddy, in this form https://dcc.godaddy.com/domains/dnsHosting/add then a message will occur saying that 
"This domain is owned by someone else or in a different shopper account."

I have attached the Google DNS Settings.

Untitled.png

Thank you,

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@wenman16 

Thank you for the additional information / screen captures

1) can you confirm what your domain name is

2) When you go to https://dcc.godaddy.com - is your domain listed .... (I believe the answer is no)

Assuming the answer to #2 is no, that means that the domain name you are trying to work with in registered in a different account than the one you are currently logged into. 

From what I am reading, it seems like Google has an "integration / partnership" with GoDaddy in that you can register the domain in Google, but the underlying registration is with GoDaddy.

If you already have a GoDaddy account (different from the one below...thank you for blanking it out)  then perhaps you are signed into that one whereas the one you need is the one listed below. Hopefully this makes sense

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Solution

Hi @wenman16,

Welcome to the Community!

If you registered the domain at Google, your domain is not in a GoDaddy account. GoDaddy has only served as the back-end registrar. Your domain access is through the Google account.  G Suite domains would be managed through your G Suite account.

Because the domain IS in another account, you will not see it come up automatically, but will need to add it manually to the hosting plan. Then you can access your DNS and update the A Record to match that is shown on the dashboard of your hosting plan with GoDaddy. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Set up account, domain problem