• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

WordPress Managed Backup Plugins for Remote Backups

We have a few client sites running on your WordPress Hosted GoDaddy plans. After the outage yesterday and a meeting with several unhappy people today, I have been tasked with finding an OFFsite backup location that can execute nightly, so we always have a remote located backup of our websites.

Do you (GoDaddy) have a backup and remote storage plugin you suggest for the Managed WP plans? I installed BackupWordPress this morning, but it fails on creating file structure and I did not want to go any further in my test without asking you first. I also installed UpDraft, with the same result.

To reiterate - we do not want 100% of our backups on the GoDaddy systems. Yesterday, were not able to get far enough in to the control panel to figure out why the site(s) were down, and not having local/remote copies of our most current (daily backup) website, files, and database is not go to be acceptable going forward.

FTP/MySQL is not an answer either, since it involves manual interaction to do this daily. Ideally, we want to schedule this to run in overnight hours and push the backups to our own remote location.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: WordPress Managed Backup Plugins for Remote Backups

@markhansen

A couple options:

GoDaddy's ManageWP service does the same with a bunch of other features.

Then there's also the UpdraftPlus Plugin that backs up to the cloud.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

@Muse

Judith - Thank you for the the reply in reference to the offsite backups. While we manage many WP sites, we've not had an issue with backups before like we do with the GoDaddy Managed WP Hosting a few of our clients prefer.

As simple as it sounds, and is on other hosting platforms, GD Managed WP Hosting just locks everything down a bit too tight for daily, automated offsite backup plugins to work efficiently. 

Thanks again,

Mark

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@markhansen

I'm with you on that!  That and few other reasons are why I do not recommend GD Managed WordPress at this time.  Tested with my sites and had to move away some time ago.

I do know they are working diligently to reintroduce a new and improved platform.  Some very promising stuff in the pipeline when/if it comes to fruition.

Until that time, and when I can test for myself *first*, I do not recommend what I am not comfortable using for my own sites .  Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt