• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

UTM stripping - links to my Managed WP site.

Hey all,

I've been trying to implement UTM parameters in links to my Managed WP site. Unfortunately, it seems that something in GoDaddy's implementation is stripping the parameters from the URL (e.g., they disappear from the browser's address box and they are not captured by Analytics). There have been a few times that I've been able to get it to work, but it is rare and I don't see any rhyme or reason to it.  😭

I contacted technical support a few times, but I can't get them to confirm if this is a problem or any workaround. I have found some posts online about the issue, but they are relatively old (2016). Can anyone confirm if this is still an issue?

2 REPLIES 2
    Resolver VI

Hi, thank you for posting your issue in the GoDaddy community. UTM parameters are extra tags that we use in URLs to track and analyze traffic on our website. Please follow this guide to learn how to use UTM parameters. 

https://themeisle.com/blog/what-are-utm-parameters/

Zulfiqar Anees | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, TechKnowable, and ZulWeb | GoDaddy Pro.

Thanks for your reply, @Zulfiqar. The UTM parameters and analytics are set up. Like I mentioned sometimes it works, but it is rare and often the parameters are stripped from the URL (apparently by GoDaddy's Managed WP hosting).

Have you had success with GoDaddy's Managed WP hosting and UTM?