• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to merge production and staging sites

Hi,

So I have a production e-commerce site and would like to update merge or rebase production with staging as often as possible since new users may be available at any given time. Any idea or suggestions?

I tried to Pull production to staging with Overwrite content, but doesn’t work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@ernestkamara 

There really isn't a way to "merge" in the sense of what you are trying to do, the issue here is you are trying to work on 2 sites at the same time and keep a "section" of the site in sync while being able to work on the other elements.

This site https://wp-staging.com/docs/skip-woocommerce-orders-and-products/ describes the issue in detail and gives some suggestions to be able to update the orders / users on the staging site right before you go live.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User IV

@ernestkamara 

There really isn't a way to "merge" in the sense of what you are trying to do, the issue here is you are trying to work on 2 sites at the same time and keep a "section" of the site in sync while being able to work on the other elements.

This site https://wp-staging.com/docs/skip-woocommerce-orders-and-products/ describes the issue in detail and gives some suggestions to be able to update the orders / users on the staging site right before you go live.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post