• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Getting Started

Google Ads Issue - Landing Page Destination not working

Hello,

I am having an issue with Google Ads, that may somehow be a Managed WordPress Hosting issue: Google is slowly disabling my ads because it says the landing page destination is not working. I have tested my site and it seems to be fine -- working as it's supposed to, however I cannot get my ads approved. Something is blocking Google's bot it seems.

I have checked my site and there are no "no index" flags on my pages, and I have turned iThemes Security on and off without effect. 

Interestingly, and possibly related is that fact that Google's "Page Speed Insights" and other landing page bots have trouble reaching the site. They come back with things like "Lighthouse returned error: FAILED_DOCUMENT_REQUEST. Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. (Details: net::ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED)"
    If I then try to load the same page in my browser. It works fine.

But here's the thing: if I don't change anything on my site, I can try a few times and sometimes it gets through. I don't think it's page speed insights because other pages work fine. 
    Could this be some kind of problem with GoDaddy's cache blocking Google's bots? Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

0 REPLIES 0