• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Fully Backup and restore website

hi 

is there anyway of getting a backup of my site if the hosting is expired and domain also ?

4 REPLIES 4
    Anonymous
    Not applicable
    Solution

Re: Fully Backup and restore website

Hi @mavi123,

Only one way and you have to be very quick about it......... phone support! It's only 2am in Arizona so live chat won't be available for another 3 - 4 hours at least. Phones are 24/7:

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Time is of the essence as there is only a small window of opportunity. 

Godaddy are not responsible for backups of your site but will help if they are able to.

Re: Fully Backup and restore website

thank you

How long it takes to restore the backup?

I took backup of my website from Managed WordPress backup option. Its included in my plan and i selected one day old website and database. Now my website and admin panel are not opening. it redirects the website at /wp-admin/install.php. what is going on? how long it takes to apply backups?

Helper I
    Helper I

Re: How long it takes to restore the backup?

Ibrahim, did you get an answer or find out how to fix?

I have had similar issues now and then... I think it's because the login process redirects you BACK to the login window after logging you in!  Look at the URL when you are first logging in: if there is a redirect URL at the end of it (part of the query info after the question mark), REMOVE the redirect portion (I usually remove everything after the ? mark).  Then, once you login, you'll get to the actual admin panel.

Ray

Not a GoDaddy employee or support staff; I am a GoDaddy Pro with significant experience using a variety of GoDaddy services.