cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WordPress: admin-ajax the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Hello,

I recently migrate a WordPress site from DreamHost to GoDaddy and the front-end is very slow and get constantaly the error "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)".

I use a complex theme with page builder Visual Composer. In the shared hosting of DreamHost everthing works fine.

Anyone have a similar issue, or a way to fix that?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
New

Re: WordPress: admin-ajax the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

I have a web site using wpengine in a staging environment that has no issues using Visual Composer.

I setup a new web site with shared hosting on GoDaddy and experienced AJAX "request rejected" using Visual Composer (continues showing loading).

I have even reset my cPanel and setup a fresh WP build, the issue almost came back immediately. 

I have attempted to find a solution with 3 GoDaddy support reps, I have a ticket #

36321875 open on this issue and here's a few details I have researched myself:

The issue might arise from switching between native editor and visual composer, as well as version/revision and multiple layout elements. My gut feeling is that doing so leaves a messy code for the already server-heavy AJAX POST process visual composer and other editors have on piggy-backing using wordpress heartbeat within admin-ajax.php.

Increasing memory limit server-side may help. Whitelisting /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php for your site may help. but so far I haven't found the solution to the problem and I might have to cut my losses of three days and say it's faster to switch hosts. Sorry not sorry, I'm building to execute a marketing campaign, not get this deeply involved between lousy hosting and lousy coding.

HOLJ7