cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why Godaddy never are at fault ? and they can never help when you call them ?

Each time we have an issue, many times it is clearly godaddy fault, and they keep on sending us ( after keeping us on the phone for at least 30 mins each time) to "webdeveloper,comcast" you name it . but it is never their fault , and they never lift a finger to assist . EVER.  

We had few issues, and never i can say Godaddy knew what to do and always kept on making us spend more money on developers that telling us that it is on Godaddy .  

This is ridiculous , we are going to put this in facebook as well with the recording of the conversation - telling all the details to the tech person and getting a question such as :"what do you put on the address bar"  . Seriously !?  this is why i call you guys for help !? 

In this issue, it is CLEARLY godaddy .  I proved it to them and they still saying :" contact your web developer" .  I would stay away from them if you don't have to. I've been suffering for years from the lack of customer support . 

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Why Godaddy never are at fault ? and they can never help when you call them ?

@hook626 

As a web developer with over a decade of experience, I can tell you that the most common misconception among website owners is that their hosting provider is somehow responsible for their website. 

This is false.

Your hosting provider is responsible for making sure your server is up and live. That's it. Nothing else. Period. 

They are not your web developer. They don't have any responsibility to figure out why your code won't work on their servers. They are not responsible for your website's security. They aren't responsible for your SEO rankings. 

They are responsible for the server and the server alone. If you get any help other than that when calling in, then they are going above and beyond. And, if one of their services are what will correct your issue, their loyalty can and should be with their company instead of helping you for free because you believe you deserve it. 

I know that's not what you want to hear, but it is the truth. GoDaddy has exceptional customer service and regularly goes above and beyond. They are not obligated to service and maintain your website for you, however. Hard truth.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Why Godaddy never are at fault ? and they can never help when you call them ?

Hi Joe, 

You are assuming that i have yet to deal with them and have yet to prove it over and over again that it is their fault. 

Every time they are sending me to developers, to internet carriers .. just not them .   

The other day, they blocked our office IP address. They blamed Comcast - it was them .  

Over and over ... i am talking from years of experience with their "technical support" .

Fyi, I am a web admin as well .

Fyi #2 , you sound as someone who works there. 

I can give you endless of customers that complaining about them . 

Fyi #3 - "I’ve worked for major hosting companies like GoDaddy"  

I guess i was right ,. it did sound this way .   Thanks ! 

Highlighted
Solution

Guess what ? 

We have finally fixed it .  It was GODADDY FAULT  and we could have fixed it 5 months ago if GODADDY would have a good customer service and support which obviously they don't . 

Once i change the DNS to point somewhere else and not GODADDY servers, everything start working . 

hence , Godaddy is losing my whole business , all my websites and hosting. Told you it will happen one of these days if you continue with the worse support we have ever seen. 

Keep going and you will go out of business. 

I feel for what happened to hook626 and I too am finding a better host. And sorry, that other guy really does sound like he works for them and did not listen to the problem. He did have some good points but come on.

I haven't updated my ASP.net sites in 3 years. The entire site stopped working four days ago. I contacted support who got my homepage to work again (just html/js/css) but none of the ASP sites. I had them look at it again and they tried to figure it out and got it one step further. The ASP pages would respond but with a config error, so they wrote it off as I must have updated the apps. I told them all the files show edited 3 years ago!! They would not accept that it was on their side.

I am going to find a better ASP.net host. This might be a technical skill issue with the support staff or crappy hosting tools, but when they upgrade something that stops a 3 year old site from working and they can't figure out why, it's time to move on.

@hook626 let me know if you find a good host 🙂