cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to uninstall Joomla and Wordpress applications

I have a Joomla and 2 Wordpress applications I am unable to uninstall from the "Manage my applications" section. They seem to be stuck in updating status. It's been like this for a few days. I contacted support and instead of trying to help, they were more concerned with up-selling me services I really do not think I needed at this time. "Stefanie Joy" from support said she "launched and event" to fix it and told me it would take about 3 hours... it's been over 24 hours now...

I have deleted the folders and files relating to these applications as I've seen in other forums but I still can't get that stupid pending update status to go away and now I can't install a fresh Wordpress on one of my domains as it's giving me the error that the site is already in use... HELP!!! How do I get this fixed?!?!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Unable to uninstall Joomla and Wordpress applications

Hi @NavyRaycraft. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Sorry you're having difficulty with your applications. Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be addressed here on the forums. If the event that the support representative you spoke with didn't fix the issue, then they'll probably need to take another look at the account. I apologize for any inconvenience, but this would have to be addressed by our support team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NavyRaycraft. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Sorry you're having difficulty with your applications. Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be addressed here on the forums. If the event that the support representative you spoke with didn't fix the issue, then they'll probably need to take another look at the account. I apologize for any inconvenience, but this would have to be addressed by our support team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank you. I ended up calling the GoDaddy Support number and the gentleman was really helpful. Apparently, the applications were trying to update from old versions when they weren't there anymore. Support was able to remove them for me within minutes.