cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to add domain to hosting but it says domain already in use when it's not.

So I bought a web hosting plan and I'm trying to add one of my domains to it. (At this point the hosting has no domains on it).
I completed the cPanel form to create an account and it says that I'd receive an email, which I have not received and the Account page still says to set up a cPanel account.

I try making it using another domain I own and it's completed almost instantly and it works fine.
If I try to change the primary domain of the hosting to the previous domain, I get the following error.

REQUEST_FAIL::ORION_ELEMENT_UNIQUENESS_VIOLATION::main_domain::MYDOMAINNAME.COM already in use. [EXISTING_ACCOUNT_UID]SOMEUSERIDCODEHERE

The domain isn't in use at all and I'm trying to get it to work. Any advice?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to add domain to hosting but it says domain already in use when it's not.

Hi @ClintArjoon,

@ClintArjoon wrote:

So I bought a web hosting plan and I'm trying to add one of my domains to it. (At this point the hosting has no domains on it).
I completed the cPanel form to create an account and it says that I'd receive an email, which I have not received and the Account page still says to set up a cPanel account.

I try making it using another domain I own and it's completed almost instantly and it works fine.
If I try to change the primary domain of the hosting to the previous domain, I get the following error.

REQUEST_FAIL::ORION_ELEMENT_UNIQUENESS_VIOLATION::main_domain::MYDOMAINNAME.COM already in use. [EXISTING_ACCOUNT_UID]SOMEUSERIDCODEHERE

The domain isn't in use at all and I'm trying to get it to work. Any advice?

This could be the cause of the problem, you made it with another domain you own.... 

You may need to reset hosting and begin again.

Speak with support if you still get stuck!

Re: Trying to add domain to hosting but it says domain already in use when it's not.

@ClintArjoon

I am sorry that you are having difficulty setting up your web hosting. You may be able resolve the issue by changing the domain name in the hosting settings. If you need further assistance, please reach out to our support staff (480) 505-8877.

DDJ