cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Server and Database Down using GoDaddy Shared Hosting with Linux

Hi there, I'm Using Godaddy Shared Hosting with Linux Platform and the problem was, in my database there are millions of tables because it is music hosting site it will crawl songs from YouTube, Spotify, SoundCloud and LastFM and crawl artist information from Wikipedia and store it in database. First for few days the site worked fast but now it is too late to fetch information from database so help me in upgrading the database.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Server and Database Down using GoDaddy Shared Hosting with Linux

Hi @SoundTub. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

I'm not sure what would be causing that. It could be that the database is getting too large for the hosting account to manage quickly. Too many simultaneous database connections can cause problems too. You may need to contemplate moving to a VPS. I'd suggest looking into those areas of your site. If you can't find anything, you may want to reach out to support just to double check to see if there is an issue with the account itself or the parent server.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.