cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Remote MySQL with dynamic IP

I have a project with a couple of Raspberry pi-s that are measuring and gathering some data on the field. That data have to be send to the MySQL server(on this hosting) via cellular network that of course have dynamic IP. What is the best way to do this, is it some VPN so that all my Raspberrys have same IP or some php script that acts as proxy on my own hosting, or something completely different. Everyone opinion maters to me.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Remote MySQL with dynamic IP

Hi @JozoBozo. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

Either option could have its merits. It would also depend on the type of hosting plan you have. If you have a VPS or Dedicated Server, your options increase. If you have a cPanel Hosting account, you can set up individual IPs to have remote access, so the VPN option might work. If you have any other type of hosting, a web application might be best. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted

Thanks for answering @JesseW

Could you please give me some referent links to some types of that web aplications so that I can go further in my work and decide which script/aplication would work best for me. Btw I am intrested in Delux hosting plan.

@JesseW wrote:

If you have any other type of hosting, a web application might be best.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@JozoBozo - Sorry, but I'm not familiar with any specific apps that would do this, though the concept seems sound. You'd probably need to code something yourself or employ a developer if you're not sure how to do it on your own. You might be able to find suggestions by searching online as well. Wish I could be of more help. Man Embarassed

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.