cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Perl On Shared Linux Server No Longer Works

Yesterday my site works and today it does not.  I have changed nothing.  To test, I'm trying to execute a perl file as follows:

**start code**

#!/usr/bin/perl
#
#
#use warnings;
use strict;
use CGI qw( :standard );

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Greetings user.\n";

**end code**

All it does is print out "Greetings user".

The errors I'm getting are:

**start errors**

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at www.nctha.org Port 80

**end errors**

I called hosting support.  They could find nothing wrong.  Something obviously changed on the server end.  What do I do now?Thanks,jb

7 REPLIES 7
New

Re: Perl On Shared Linux Server No Longer Works

I am having the same problem. Scripts that have worked for years just stopped working. Even the simplest, most basic perl scripts won't run. Hoping this gets resolved soon!
New

I am having the same problem as well. Perl scripts we are using have been working fine since 1994!  This is a huge disappointment.  On the phone now waiting for tech support.

Update: Tech support pretty much told me the same thing that it must be something in my code.  Yet, I haven't changed anything.  They said I will need to look at the error logs -- which you have to wait several hours to be generated.  Go Daddy is on it's final legs as my hosting provider... I may have to start shopping around again.

New

My site is on a relatively "old" shared linux web hosting server.  I suspect Godaddy did some sort of security update which is making perl inaccessible.  I turned logs on this morning and am still waiting for some to show up.

In the meantime I copied my stuff over to another site that I own, on another hosting company, just to keep things going until this problem is resolved.

New
Solution

Looks like they fixed the issue.  My site is functioning again and I didn't have to change a thing.

New

Mine is working again, too. That was strange. A lot of wasted time the last couple of days.
New

Interesting.  Mine is not fixed and logs aren't showing up yet either.

<sigh>

New

Upon further inspection, it looks like mine is fixed also.