cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Nameserver and ip address

I plan to register a domain with extension .com.kh with ministry of telecommunication in my country. But they ask me for the nameserver and ip address of hosting company before i am able to register the domain. So how can i get this nameserver and ip address before hand?

16 REPLIES 16
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Nameserver and ip address

Hello @Bee

The nameservers depends on what type of hosting plan you have on your GoDaddy account.

You can find your nameservers if you follow the steps from this tutorial.

Good luck.

Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
New

@Adrian8

Thank you for your response, Adrian8. In the link you had provided in my previous question, it seems like the nameserver and ip address will be given after i register domain with the hosting plan. However, my issue is that I want to get nameserver n ip addresss of that server beforehand. Because in order to register domain with extension .com.kh, the ministry of telecommunication require me to get nameserver first in order to register for that kind of domain.

I hope there will be a solve for this problem.

Helper VI
Helper VI

@Beeif you purchase a hosting plan you can set it up with your domain name, and after that, using the link I posted, you can find your nameservers in order to configure your domain name.

Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
New

@Adrian8 Sorry for disturbing you again. It's hard to explain my problem, so can you take a quick at this form? At point number 6 is my current problem which I have talked so far.

I really appreciate for your help and I really sorry for disturbing you again and again.

Application Form

Helper VI
Helper VI
Solution

@Bee  regarding this:

I really appreciate for your help...

... give some Kudos if you do Smiley Happy

Now to the matter at hand:

- IF YOU BUY A HOSTING PLAN you will see the nameservers associated with your hosting account.

- then you will be able to write them on your form in order to purchase that domain from your national authority.

So, first you must buy the hosting plan, and configure it with the domain you want, then you get the nameservers that you will use on your form to acquire the domain.

I really can't be more explicit than this.

Good luck.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New

@Adrian8

Thank you for replying my question so far. I know primary servername and secondary servername. However, one more thing that I want to ask you. How about server ip address?

Helper VI
Helper VI

@Bee

If you have purchased your hosting plan, go to your GoDaddy account, at Web Hosting click Manage and you can see your IP on the top of the left column of your cPanel interface.

Good luck.

Smiley Happy

New

@Adrian8

Yeah i saw it. But that is my primary ip address right? how about secondary?

Helper VI
Helper VI
Solution

@Beeon this type of hosting, by default you have only 2 nameservers and 1 IP.

Just leave the application form empty on the technical data you do not have.

They will be able to configure your domain with 2 NS and 1 IP.

And as a personal note, you are dragging this a bit too long, and I'm getting a bit tired of it.

Good luck.

Smiley Happy

New

@Adrian8

Sorry for disturbing you again. Regarding to my last problem, the authority in my country still insist in asking for secondary nameserver and ip address. So what should i do?

Helper VI
Helper VI

@Beeat this point I can see 3 solutions:

-1- contact (by phone or chat) a customer support representative to see if they can offer you additional NS and IP's. Live chat team is on Mon-Fri at 5AM - 6PM Arizona time UTC-7 and phone support is on 24/7 here https://uk.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

-2- if 1 does not work, tell to the authority in your country that you do not have any additional information to provide and try to make them "see the light" Smiley Happy

-3- chose a TLD extension (.com , .net , .info .....) instead of your country extension...

Sorry, I don't have any other options.

hi, i want to forward my domain to my fb page but it says an error saying my domain should be in an elligible state (something like that)

Firstly, apologies for

I came across this thread when setting up a new domain that I wanted to a location on my existing hosting account. I added a domain using my plesk account before buying the domain (did it late at night) and thought I might have done something stupid. Generally I would have bought the domain first.

I tried changing the page however it looked like the new domain was still pointing to the parked server. Turns out I didn't leave enough time and I didn't need to do anything. Looks like Godaddy took care of associating the new domain with my hosting account (which I was not expecting).

@Adrian8Your response was concise and very helpful. I gave you a kudos however I wish I could give you more than one. Thank very much for taking the time to contribute to the community. Smiley Happy

The ip on the top left column is the ip address of the user who last accessed the hosting account. 

sr-secrect.com

I think the 'Trusted' person is a little slack and lacks a degree of patience!.

I have two sites with GoDaddy's Ultimate plan and can't see anything about Name Servers. The IP Address is as clear as a bell, but when it comes to anything simple, they fail. Most other providers (I'm using a Melbourne-based company for another 4 sites) show the NS's almost first up.

What's wrong GoDaddy - afraid of making your information too difficult to find?