cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address and Nameserver

Hello,

I've bought a hosting plan in Godaddy and I have to register a domain with extension .com.kh with ministry of telecommunication in my country. With my hosting plan, I have only 2 nameservers and 1 IP address but they keep asking me for 2 nameservers and 2 IP address. Is there a way to get one more IP address?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IP address and Nameserver

Hi @vichetnor,

are they really wanting the IP addresses of the servers? As a domain name will only ever resolve to one IP address as the domain name is simply the human readable form of a large binary number. Words being more memorable than numbers, imaging if every time you wanted to search the net you had to type the IP address, not google.com for example.

So....... one domain = one IP

But each server also has an IP address too!

Yes, I already told them that I have only 2 nameservers and 1 IP but they still want 1 more IP.

Hi @vichetnor.

Were they asking for the IP address of the nameservers?

If so, you can do any standard DNS lookup for the nameservers to get their IP addresses.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GaryA,

That's exactly what I asked, though you will probably get 'kudos' for that....... hahahahah......Smiley Happy

perhaps nobody reads my posts lol............

Highlighted

Sorry @Anonymous</a>!

When you mentioned servers, I was thinking you were referring to web servers, not nameservers.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GaryA,

LOL Smiley Happy

Servers servers everywhere...... but where is my cup of tea?? LOL Smiley Happy