cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

How do I transfer hosting from one company to GoDaddy?

I am using hosting services from a2hosting.com and now i want to transfer my hosting to godaddy, can anyone tell me whats the procedure?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Transfer hosting

@sheRy wrote:

I am using hosting services from a2hosting.com and now i want to transfer my hosting to godaddy, can anyone tell me whats the procedure?

@sheRy You'll have to purchase a hosting plan at Godaddy and then transfer your site files/databases to that new hosting account. You can view Godaddy's hosting plans here: https://www.godaddy.com/hosting

----

I have a similar problem. my site, andrewrogers.name has a domain with godaddy,. Hosting was with IXwebhosting.com. Seems they have gone bust? I can't access them. Can you help transfer hosting to godaddy?

Thanks

Andrew

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@andrewfr wrote:

I have a similar problem. my site, andrewrogers.name has a domain with godaddy,. Hosting was with IXwebhosting.com. Seems they have gone bust? I can't access them. Can you help transfer hosting to godaddy?

Thanks

Andrew

@andrewfr you technically can't transfer hosting. If you have a backup of the site or can get a copy of the site from your old host then you'd be able to purchase a hosting account at Godaddy and upload your site to it.

---

New

Hi Andrew, I also paid for hosting through a company that has gone bust. At this point I am willing to rebuild my website if I cannot recover it, but I cannot find instructions anywhere on how I can simply take my domain site and host it under GoDaddy.

Have you found any solution to your problem yet?

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@KDsite wrote:

Hi Andrew, I also paid for hosting through a company that has gone bust. At this point I am willing to rebuild my website if I cannot recover it, but I cannot find instructions anywhere on how I can simply take my domain site and host it under GoDaddy.

Have you found any solution to your problem yet?

@KDsite all you would need to do is purchase a hosting account through Godaddy. If your domain is registered elsewhere you'll receive nameservers from Godaddy and will input those nameservers onto your domain. https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting

----