cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How do I restrict access to all of my website except one?

I have the Linux Ultimate Classic Hosting with several websites in separate directories but I now need to let a site designer have access but ONLY to the one directory. For example if my website directory's are named site1, site2, site3, site4, site5 and site6. How can I allow access to site3 but restrict access to the other websites, how do I do this?  I have been with Godaddy for many years now but this is the first time I have needed to do this and I need to have this done by Monday! Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ken

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

Re: How do I restrict access to all of my website except one?

hi 👋 @siskensales

yes this is easy to do if you follow these instructions carefully 

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/File_permissions_and_attributes

I tried to find the best instructions for you as you may or may not be new to this. But to be honest you are going to need some strong coffee ☕️ today to learn and implement this by tomorrow. 

Good luck.

TBH if a client left something this late for me, on a day of rest, my fees would have doubled. 

"A lack of foresight and planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on mine

Thank you very much rammsteinium! I say this but I haven't looked at what I am up against yet :-) This is somewhat of my fault as I should have done this a few years ago as this day was bound to come. I spent most of yesterday searching the help & community sections without any luck. Also this is for a club I belong to so I am doing everything at cost for them. Plus it helps to build my portfolio. Unfortunately volunteer work can be more of a pita than a paying client! Thanks, Ken
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @siskensales,

you are welcome and hope you manage it all ok. 

Let me know how you got on. Smiley Happy