• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Hyperlink font color

Does anyone know how I could change the font color of hyerlinked (linked) text?

I have a white page background. My hyperlink font is a bright blue and the text gets lost on the page. I'd rather not change the page color. Any suggestions? Thank you.

19 REPLIES 19
    Advocate VI Advocate VI
    Advocate VI

Re: Hyperlink font color

Hey @FCBCT,

What platform are you using? Usually the color of links are handled in the stylesheet (a file ending in .css).

Or post a link to the site and one of us can figure it out from the source code and give you some suggestions.

Hi all;

I am having the same issue with changing the format of text hyperlinks. As soon as I make a link, it defaults to bold text, in purple, and there is no option to change the color or text style. "Remove format" does not change it. I'm using Firefox, Mac OS Yosemite. Maybe I made a mistake by starting with a GoDaddy template Smiley Sad

Helper V
    Helper V

There are several way to change the Look of links depending on what platform your site is built on. Like @webdiva mentioned knowing what platform you are using will allow us to provide more specific advise on how to change the link colors.

Ultimately the changes are made using css or html and can be included in the HTML file or linked in a separate css file. Here is the CSS from my website. the Bolded text is used to change the link colors.

<style> 
    	html, body    { margin:0; padding:0; width:100%; height:100%; }

#head         { width:100%; height:50px; background:black; color:white; text-align:center; }
    	#head > h1    { margin:0; }
    	#body         { position:absolute; width:100%; top:50px; bottom:0px; background:red; }
    	#body > div   { position:absolute !important; }
    	#body-sidebar { width:120px; height:100%; top:0; bottom:0; background:black; color:white; }
    		a:link { color: white;}
    		a:visited { color: white;}
    		a:hover { color: white;}
    		a:active { color: white;}
    	#body-content { left:120px; right:0; top:0; bottom:0; background:white; overflow:scroll; }

</style>

Here is the code used to change the link colors.

#body-sidebar { width:120px; height:100%; top:0; bottom:0; background:black; color:white; }
    		a:link { color: white;}
    		a:visited { color: white;}
    		a:hover { color: white;}
    		a:active { color: white;}

CSS Links that site has more information on the different options for changing links with CSS.

HTML <body> link Attribute has information for using HTML code for changing links

@crazy_meesha I am not familiar with Godaddy Templates or there website builder but if you have access to the files (.html, .css) then you should be able to make the changes there. Someone more familiar with the Godaddy Templates should be able to provide some assistance.

It seems as though there is absolutely no way to change the colors of links, or the link styles (i.e. no underline) within GoDaddy's Website Builder. Nor does there seem to be any way to access the .css file (or .html files, for that matter). This situation is *completely outrageous and totally absurd*, and a very good reason to cancel the account at GoDaddy and to demand our money back. I simply can't believe that while paying so much money, there is no way to perform such a simple task as changing the color and style of links, nor accessing the .css file. OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!

In addition to what I've written above, it also seems not possible to add any relevant CSS commands to the "Site-wide" code area, via GoDaddy's "Site Settings". After the changes are made and saved, the link colors and style revert back to the default, which at least in the case of my chosen Theme means the default boring blue (a color which doesn't suit the Theme's background at all!) - for all link cases (link, visited, active, hover), plus the link's underline is always present.

It doesn't seem that there is any way for GoDaddy's Website Builder to change link colors or styles.

And I ask...WHY?! Aren't we paying enough money for this buggy service, a service which has MANY other faults and problems in addition to the above? Very annoying!

New

Please I am having this same problem. I need to change the color of the hyperlink. It blends into the background and you cannot even see it.

I need an answer to this, too.  I send out daily news emails and post them to an archive area on my site.  There is lot of re-formatting required each day which would be so much simpler, quicker and cheaper with style sheets.

New

I just figured this out in the Website Builder. (Couldn't find it in the documentation anywhere). Turns out, it's super easy.

Select the text you want to turn into a link. Change the font colour to whatever you want it to be, then add the hyperlink to that text. It'll stay the same colour. 

New

I am able to change the font color, but unable to remove the underline. I have multiple links on one page, and all those underlines completely ruin the look of the page.

css file need to be edited anyway
    Helper II

Hyperlink font color when hover

Using Web Site Builder:  I use the phrase "For more information . . ." a number of times in my website across four pages.  I enter the text in bold, change the color to light grey, highlight the phrase, and then link. Three of the links turn to bright white when I hover over them, none of the others do this.  I like the bright white when hovering, but cannot duplicate it, cannot copy and paste it, cannot figure out how the heck I got it to do such in the first place.  However, the three that do highlight when I hover were all created the same evening during the same build.  

Any and all suggestions, ideas, or solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Employee
    Employee

Good Morning!

If you'd like to remove the underline from the hyperlink, you would need to create the link using HTML code. You may find this article helpful.

Employee
    Employee

Re: Hyperlink font color when hover

Good Morning!

The three links that change color when you hover over them are doing it because of the theme you chose. Essentially, the theme already had link on those pages and when you replaced the existing links with "For more information", they took on the properties of the hyperlinks that came with the theme. Unfortunately, there's not a direct way to duplicate it using the Text tool. However, I have done it before using HTML. This is an article that may help explain how to do it, but it would require some background with HTML or CSS. If you'd like to learn more about HTML, you can visit this site. I hope this helps!!

Helper II

Re: Hyperlink font color when hover

Thank you for the reply.  How do I access the code?  I am using Website Builder.

TO: Dawna --

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you, Dawna! I'll try that out and let y'all know how it works. (Once you've lived in the South, the "y'all" just never goes away!  ;-)

Thank you for that answer. But, I cannot find any way to change a font color at all. Where did they hide it now? So darned frustrating.

My bad, I finally noticed that little down arrow on the "A" font pulldown. did not look like any pulldown I have ever seen tho.

Solution

Yes!  That works, although after highlighting the text, I first added the link, then changed the font color.

Thanks for figuring that out!