cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Trying to transfer private domain problem

Hello,

(Please don't tell me to reach the support by phone)

So, I want to transfer my domain to another registrar but they told me that my domain had Private Registration on it and that it can't be transferred until I cancel that service...

I came to godaddy and cancelled that service, but it's still hiding my information on Whois.net

Could there be a problem? And how can I solve it?

I don't want to contact the support by phone and basically that's the point for leaving godaddy. It had a live chat service, now it has no more of it, such a frustration!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Hey @Haig, it sounds like you should contact support by phone.

Yes, I read that you didn't want that advice but what can I say? I'm a rebel!

When it comes to releasing your privacy it's just like any other domain change. You can typically expect that changes can take some time to propagate. If you've just cancelled your privacy I'd maybe wait 24 to 48 hours. That's actually the good news.

Typically changes to domains can mean the implementation of a 60 day transfer lock. One of those triggers is updating organizational information, which you have of course just done. I'm not sure if coming out of privacy is a trigger but if is something to consider. That's the bad news. Check out Transfer domain to another registrar and other than that all I can offer is patience. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Hey @Haig, it sounds like you should contact support by phone.

Yes, I read that you didn't want that advice but what can I say? I'm a rebel!

When it comes to releasing your privacy it's just like any other domain change. You can typically expect that changes can take some time to propagate. If you've just cancelled your privacy I'd maybe wait 24 to 48 hours. That's actually the good news.

Typically changes to domains can mean the implementation of a 60 day transfer lock. One of those triggers is updating organizational information, which you have of course just done. I'm not sure if coming out of privacy is a trigger but if is something to consider. That's the bad news. Check out Transfer domain to another registrar and other than that all I can offer is patience. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post