cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Is it Possible to transfer my domain To Godaddy in 24 hrs?

Hey,

I have purchased this domain https://howrepublic.com, But not from GoDaddy. However, I don't want to keep my domain with my current registrar. I want to move howrepublic to Godaddy because GoDaddy registry is way more secure. But as per my knowledge domain, Transfers can take 48 hrs to 72 hrs and I don't want to keep my site down for 72 hrs. Are Domain transfers on Godaddy is possible in 24 hrs?  Thanks In advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@TechBlaska 

The best solution if you are worried about down time is to move the DNS to GoDaddy first and update the  DNS settings, then transfer your domain.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@TechBlaska 

The best solution if you are worried about down time is to move the DNS to GoDaddy first and update the  DNS settings, then transfer your domain.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post