cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain Transfer-was supposed to get a free year of registration?

Hello, I recently transferred a domain to GoDaddy. When I was reading the info about the transfer process on GoDaddy's website (https://www.godaddy.com/domains/domain-transfer) in the Q&A section, it says "We also let you keep any time left on your current registrations — and throw in a free year of registration for each transfer". I added the service to the shopping card and was asked to pay a fee for the second year renewal. I did and finalized the transfer, and my domain was transferred to GoDaddy a few days before expiration.

However, after the transfer is done, I did not receive the free one year extension, and my domain is expiring in one year instead of two years (free one year extension + paid for the second year). I contacted support team through chat and the only answer to no avail. I hope someone here with more information and authority than the live chat support can help me out, I would really appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @EverdreaM,

Welcome to the Community!

TheTransfer-In data for the domain shows an expiration date in 2019. The current expiration date for the domain shows 11/29/2020. It looks like the renewal year has been added. As this is a gTLD, you'll want to contact GoDaddy customer support if any further action needs to be taken between the two registrars. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@EverdreaM 

What is your domain name that you transferred - there are some restrictions on when you transfer if it is within a certain amount of time, additionally some TLDs have other restrictions on transfers.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for your reply. It's "www.koosha.design". 

@EverdreaM 

This is something that you may have to reach out to GoDaddy for - as I'm really not sure - It looks like the domain was transferred on November 29th which was the expiration date.

I know .com have some restrictions of within 60 days - so I don't know if perhaps you paid a transfer X amount and then a renewal fee Y amount based on when it was being transferred.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @EverdreaM,

Welcome to the Community!

TheTransfer-In data for the domain shows an expiration date in 2019. The current expiration date for the domain shows 11/29/2020. It looks like the renewal year has been added. As this is a gTLD, you'll want to contact GoDaddy customer support if any further action needs to be taken between the two registrars. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post