cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

DNS transfer did not happen when I transfered domain

I recently transfered my domain to go daddy.  The DNS did not seem to change over to a Godaddy DNS server.  What do I need to do to have Godaddy import all my records and have godaddy host my NS

TIA

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@jsawyer77 

Changing to the GoDaddy DNS is just a matter of changing from the custom (your current NS) to the default.

That said GoDaddy does NOT import your current DNS Zone, you will need to recreate it after you switch to the GoDaddy DNS.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@jsawyer77 

Changing to the GoDaddy DNS is just a matter of changing from the custom (your current NS) to the default.

That said GoDaddy does NOT import your current DNS Zone, you will need to recreate it after you switch to the GoDaddy DNS.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Hi @bramha. This issue and the one you've linked to are different.

In this post, the author is asking about why their nameservers did not change. @PL281 advised that you can change to GoDaddy DNS servers but that will not import the zone file from where the domain's DNS is currently hosted. 

In the post you linked to, the author wants to make sure that their nameservers DO NOT change, but rather stay the same. In this case the answer @PL281 gave was that nameservers do not change automatically. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.