cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a Sold Domain on Auctions

We have sold a domain on GoDaddy Auctions. The domain registrar is eNom. Can I simply push the domain to Buyer's eNom account?

Or do I need to unlock domain and send him EPP key for transfer?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Transferring a Sold Domain on Auctions

Greetings @dnbroker, first of all, congratulations on your sale. It's best to work through our Aftermarket group if you have questions about a specific transaction (check your email for contact information) but this should give you a point of departure for how these transactions are handled:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/how-does-the-seller-move-the-domain-name-to-the-buyers-account-1514

Happy domaining,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Super User II
Super User II

@dnbroker wrote:

We have sold a domain on GoDaddy Auctions. The domain registrar is eNom. Can I simply push the domain to Buyer's eNom account?

Or do I need to unlock domain and send him EPP key for transfer?

To clarify, you sold a domain name through the Godaddy Auctions platform and not Afternic, correct? If this is the case you would usually push the domain name into the buyer's Godaddy account so that they can verify the transfer of ownership and release the funds to you. A bit more information is needed for me to give you a better answer. Was it a premium listing sale or did you hold an auction for the domain?

I sold my domain on godaddy premium listing and they have verified the funds.  Then I was told to contact the buyer so I used the godaddy message portal and sent the person an email.  However, now I am getting an email back from someone but how can I verify it is the account that won?  The account number he sent me is not the same number next to 'Email buyer' on the 'Sold' tab under auctions.  He even sent me a screen shot that shows he won but how does godaddy verify that and what keeps me protected to receive my funds?  

Employee
Employee

Hello @blake6494!

Thank you for posting. In this situation, it would be best if you reach out to our support team to have them review everything with you. The community will not be able to help with account specific questions like this. Thank you! 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support