cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Selling domains as a GoDaddy newbie

I signed up for GoDaddy to sell couple of domains as a few reviews suggested they had low fees.

(I'm not so sure now, having seen more details)

Created an account, paid the annual fee, then tried to list the domains.

I saw a message telling me I needed to list them with Afternic first. Lucky I had an Afternic account from a few years back.

I listed them with Afternic. They wanted a price to sell them. I didn't really understand why, but i went along with it.

Then I logged into GoDaddy again and tried to list the domains in order to sell them. I thought I'd try the "Buy now" option.

It told me my domain were already listed on Afternic, and would not accept them?

What is the point of signing up to sell domains on GoDaddy when it just sends me off to Afternic and won't let me sell them on GoDaddy?

Have I missed something blindingly obvious somewhere?

Is there a straightforward way to sell my domains, being a newbie to GoDaddy?

Or is there a video for the hard-of-learning, as I think that must be me.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Selling domains as a GoDaddy newbie

@Lek wrote:

I signed up for GoDaddy to sell couple of domains as a few reviews suggested they had low fees.

(I'm not so sure now, having seen more details)

Created an account, paid the annual fee, then tried to list the domains.

I saw a message telling me I needed to list them with Afternic first. Lucky I had an Afternic account from a few years back.

I listed them with Afternic. They wanted a price to sell them. I didn't really understand why, but i went along with it.

Then I logged into GoDaddy again and tried to list the domains in order to sell them. I thought I'd try the "Buy now" option.

It told me my domain were already listed on Afternic, and would not accept them?

What is the point of signing up to sell domains on GoDaddy when it just sends me off to Afternic and won't let me sell them on GoDaddy?

Have I missed something blindingly obvious somewhere?

Is there a straightforward way to sell my domains, being a newbie to GoDaddy?

Or is there a video for the hard-of-learning, as I think that must be me.

@Lek Hi there! Godaddy bought Afternic several years ago and it seems they are trying to consolidate the listings at Afternic. Once listed at Afternic your domain will be displayed in the domain search path on the main Godaddy site and also in the auction listings. I also recommend listing the domains on premium listings through the auctions.godaddy.com interface and selecting "list a domain" and indicate its a premium listing.

---

New

Thanks for the reply, @justingodfrey.  I'm glad it was in plain English too!

That not-too-clear info they gave about Afternic and GoDaddy just confused me.

I saw this morning that the two domains were approved by Afternic - however they do that, as I use a proxy for them, but still.

They're not on GoDaddy so far, perhaps they'll appear in a day or so?

What will I gain from the Premium Listing, and is it expensive?

Thanks again for the info.

Cheers,

Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@Lek wrote:

Thanks for the reply, @justingodfrey.  I'm glad it was in plain English too!

That not-too-clear info they gave about Afternic and GoDaddy just confused me.

I saw this morning that the two domains were approved by Afternic - however they do that, as I use a proxy for them, but still.

They're not on GoDaddy so far, perhaps they'll appear in a day or so?

What will I gain from the Premium Listing, and is it expensive?

Thanks again for the info.

Cheers,

@Lek Commission starts at 20% but I typically add that into my BIN price. You can see more about commissions here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/commission-rates-for-premium-listings-3494

---