cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Why are my support options limited in Nigeria?

Hi everyone..

Please Can someone explain to me:
How would I spend only about $3.46 to purchase a domain name and waste $5 just to contact customer care support????
International call tarrif from my country, Nigeria is very expensive. I stayed on the line because I had a pressing issue and because the operator told me that I have an estimated 7 minutes waiting time. I spent about twenty minutes listenning  to an annoying background music before my calling credit exhausted totally.
This is so bad. Very bad.
Even the call-back option is only available to American residents.

I believe if Godaddy should check her database for customers in Africa, Nigerian users would be relatively high in number if not more than 50%, yet there's no dedicated customer-care support for Nigerians.

VERY BAD!!!!

Anyways, I can survive it.
But my problem right now is this; I purchased a .me domain name eailier today (15 Jul 2018 07:50am).
My transaction was successful, my bank confirmed it and I also have a Godaddy receipt for successful transaction, but up till this moment the domain is not available in my domain list.

The domain is still available for purchase.

Please What do I do, Godaddy is not responding to my call or my messages on facebook and twitter?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Why are my support options limited in Nigeria?

Hi @bukacee. Sorry to hear you've had difficulty connecting with our customer care team. We're continuing to expand the support that is available to our global customers. Unfortunately, we do not have a support number for Nigeria currently. You can take a look at this thread for more information about how to connect with support. I do see that you were able to engage with our support team via Facebook, however, 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

This is utterly regrettable. It is glaring you guys care less about your clients from other side yet catting Dollars from here.

You have certainly lose me. Please I need a reversal of Auto-sub initiated on the single product i have on my account. 

I do not need it again hence a refund on the auto-sub done. 

Thanks

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you feel that way, @ojoosamuel. We do care and are constantly looking for and implementing ways to improve our services. Please look at the thread I linked to above for more information about how you can connect with support. You may also be able to request a refund via Facebook or Twitter if that suits your needs better. However, keep in mind that refunds can only be processed if they are in line with our refund policy. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I'm experiencing the same problem trying to contact Godaddy customer support. I've been wanting to request a refund for a Hosting Plan I mistakenly bought. The "Chat now" option is forever loading on the Godaddy Contact Us page, I tried reaching them using the phone numbers provided on the Contact Us page still none of them is going through. I'm really pissed off right now.

Kindly, Jejely, do something about this ASAP!!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @manmunir. Sorry you're having trouble getting through to our Guides. It's not uncommon for browser caching or extensions to cause problems with the chat button. I recommend using FireFox private browsing or Chrome incognito. That usually allows the chat button to load. As for our contact numbers, we're not having any problems with our phone lines currently. I'm not sure if you're familiar with dialing internationally, but if not, this site may help.