cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Want to buy Domain Privacy in EU

Hello,

it's not possible to buy Domain Privacy for EU customers, so now business name and address gets visible. Please allow us to buy Domain Privacy as in the past. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Customer555, thanks for following up.

You should see the option when you search for a new domain name and add it to your cart. You should see a page with options between adding the domain name to your shopping cart, and actually proceeding to view your shopping cart.

For domain names already registered, you should be able to use these steps:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-protected-registration-1290

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

View solution in original post

Hi @kain

Thanks for posting in our forums. It is now normal, take a look at this article with info that should answer all of your questions. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Customer555, thanks for posting.

While stand along Domains By Proxy Private Registration services are no longer available, a more complete service is still available in Full Domain Privacy & Protection. Full Domain Privacy & Protection hides your remaining data in the public WHOIS directory, specifically your geographical location and protects your domain against accidental expiration and malicious transfer.

@GaryA, How can I use Full Domain Privacy & Protection? How to add it while buying new domains?

Hello,

could you please explain how to add Full Domain Privacy & Protection in order all details (including business name and address) would be hidden?

Hi @Customer555, thanks for following up.

You should see the option when you search for a new domain name and add it to your cart. You should see a page with options between adding the domain name to your shopping cart, and actually proceeding to view your shopping cart.

For domain names already registered, you should be able to use these steps:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-protected-registration-1290

Hi,

It looks like the privacy option has now been completely removed from EU versions of GoDaddy.

I do not see the option when I add new domains (.com) to my cart and I cannot add the option on domains (.com) I currently have (Privacy is marked "Unavailable").

If I switch to the US version of GoDaddy I get the option but I am unable to complete my purchase, on checkout I get a message that says the privacy has been removed as it is no longer needed.

Are there technical issues or is this normal?

Hi @kain

Thanks for posting in our forums. It is now normal, take a look at this article with info that should answer all of your questions. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support