cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Have free credits and not sure how long they're good for? Help!

I'm confused about Website Builder InstaPage and GoCentral. I have a whole bunch of free credits. Are any of these free beyond the first year? Can i use my credits for future years or is one year the limit? Used to be that some website builders on godaddy were free for ever. is that no longer the case? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Have free credits and not sure how long they're good for? Help!

Hi @successm. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I can understand how this would be confusing. We have had numerous free product promotions over the years. We used to have a product called Instapage that came free with domain registrations. If you had any credits for those, they would have been changed to InstantPage (GoCentral) credits. Those credits would be the same as the free GoCentral trial that's available on our website (free for one month). There was also a time when we offered a free 5-page Website Builder for domain registrations. If you have one of those accounts, they will be free for as long as you still have the domain the free credit was used for. Keep in mind that in time, this type of builder will also likely be phased out, though I'm not sure when that will happen. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

that doesn't tell us much of the needed info, such as it says its free but its not? does four credits been four sites or  four pages? in one site?

does  it expire?

when will it expire ?

what happens when they expire?

if i use them to make a site, will the site expire?

if the site does not expire, then what?

is it a trial and the software will delete itself along with my site after the trial?

what happens after trial period, will they start charging us?

if they will start charging us, how much will it cost?

if they start charging us for using the credits, will they at least inform us? or will they just add the balense to our yearly account deduction?

please someone help answer these, so we can understand exactly what we are signing up to, instead of using the inbuilt cpanel software like wordpress, etc.

W.Sher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @WillG. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

• it says its free but its not?
    - I'm guessing you're referring to the Websites + Marketing (formerly GoCentral) free trial. This is 100% free for the first month unless you decide to purchase it during the trial. After the trial is over, you'd have to pay for it if you wanted to keep it. 

For the remaining questions, I'm going to answer with free website builder credits in mind. These are different than Websites + Marketing free trials. 

• does four credits been four sites or four pages? in one site?
    - Credits for site builders would be for free websites, not individual pages. 
  • does it expire?
    - Free products provided from free credits are tied to the renewal of the product it was awarded from. In the case of website builder credits, these would be tied to the registration of a domain. 
  • when will it expire?
    - Please see the response above.
  • what happens when they expire?
    - Free products related to another service are canceled once the service they were awarded from expires. For example, if you have a free website builder from a domain name registration, it will be canceled if the domain is allowed to expire. 
  • if i use them to make a site, will the site expire?
    - The free product won't expire on its own. It will be available as long as the original product it was provided with remains active. 

Here you seem to be asking about Websites + Marketing:

• is it a trial and the software will delete itself along with my site after the trial?
    - Correct.
  • what happens after trial period, will they start charging us?
    - Only if you decide to keep the product. You have to manually choose which plan you want though. We will not charge you automatically unless you choose a plan. If you don't choose a plan, the trial will expire and you'll lose access to the site builder. The website will remain active for a short while (if you've published it) but will also eventually be removed. 
  • if they will start charging us, how much will it cost?
    - You can see the pricing options for each plan with the trial or visit or website here

Here again, you are referring to credits, so I will answer in regard to older Website builder credits. 

• if they start charging us for using the credits, will they at least inform us? or will they just add the balance to our yearly account deduction?
    - If we decide to no longer offer our older free Website Builder plans that were provided by free credits, we will communicate before doing so.

If you have further questions, please reach out to a GoDaddy Guide so they can help you get things figured out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.