cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Good as gold balance

In those earlier days, money transfer methods were limited. Paypal and credit cards were nonexistent or they were rarely used. We used to send money to Godaddy using wire transfer and it was **bleep** expensive!

To minimize expenses, one would wire excess cash to Godaddy and they would reserve the excess cash in a "Cash Wallet" in what they used to call "Good as Gold Account".

When the world opened up and other cross-border money transfer platforms became available, users switched their method of payment from wire transfer to credit/debit cards and Paypal.

Funny enough, Godaddy were not "Innovative" enough to harmonize their "Good as Gold Account" platform with the new payment platforms or they simply ”wished it away" and turned a blind eye to that development.

When clients retired their  Good as Gold Accounts, those accounts were left with credit balances and Godaddy has not been keen to refund those balances over the years. When they are asked about this, they have handled it like an alien matter that has no head or tail. Their customer care department talks about contacting their Billing department. Yet, their Billing department doesn’t know how to handle this matter.

Can someone address this matter urgently because Godaddy must be sitting on millions of dollars in the defunct Good as Gold Accounts that needs to be refunded to the rightful owners or their beneficiaries!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good as gold balance

Hi @Jamaa ,

As far as I'm aware the 'Good as gold' account etc is still functioning. 

The terms & conditions clearly set out and clear before anyone enters this agreed way of paying if you don't have a credit card, and only US $ accepted.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

New

@rammsteinium

My Friend, i am in a location where wire transfer was the only method of sending money to USA and now we have Visa credit / debit cards / paypal that are much cheaper. My question is, if the Good as Gold balance is less than the minimum balance to do a transaction, say 12usd, why can't Godaddy refund that balance or allow the owners to utilize it!

Hope you get it now.

New

Good as gold balance

It seems this is a lost battle but i still hope to get back my cash even if it is 1dime. It is still my money!!

Greetings @Jamaa,

It's a holiday weekend here, I can't see your account details, and I'm a little out of my primary knowledge area (domains). However, I'm sure billing would have better answers for you .

From a general perspective...do you have NO products left that require renewal or upgrade to use the funds against? How about adding $13 or more to clear the $25 threshold you identified and then request a return of all the funds?  Just thinking out loud here.

The best idea would be to contact the knowledge area experts. Billing 24/7 at 1-480-505-8855.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support