cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

2 Step Verification

So Godaddy is holding my domains hostage until I turn off the 2 Step Verification, which I never authorized to be activated. I went through the steps required to turn off "2 Step Verification" in the event the phone number on the account is no longer in use. This resulted in my "Account" and "Profile" being updated with my new phone number and email address.
However now when I attempt to disable 2 Step Verification", it tells me the code has been sent, yet it's still being sent to my old phone number, as opposed to the new number on my account and profile. I cannot update the phone number for each of my 12 domains until 2SV is disabled. 
Godaddy support just keeps telling me to do what I have already done, yet seem oblivious to the fact that I no longer have access to my old phone number or email to verify the code they send.
Should I just cancel my 12 domains and end my 2 decade relationship with Godaddy? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ARG01,

Welcome to the Community.

Only the customer can add two-step verification to their account. An agent is not able to perform this action, or to remove it. If you are unable to access the account as a result of changing your phone number from the one originally listed, you will need to follow the instructions here.

GoDaddy is adamant about making sure that the party asking to remove this security feature is truly the owner of the account. As nobody in this volunteer Community forum can help you with this issue, please follow the instructions in the article carefully so that the Account Recovery team can help you get back into the account. 

If you've also changed your email since setting up the account, you will need to request that change be made first. You can go to this online form to request GoDaddy make that update for you. This is important, as the two-step removal request must come from the same email address as is on the account. (Another security feature to protect accounts from being compromised.)

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @ARG01,

Welcome to the Community.

Only the customer can add two-step verification to their account. An agent is not able to perform this action, or to remove it. If you are unable to access the account as a result of changing your phone number from the one originally listed, you will need to follow the instructions here.

GoDaddy is adamant about making sure that the party asking to remove this security feature is truly the owner of the account. As nobody in this volunteer Community forum can help you with this issue, please follow the instructions in the article carefully so that the Account Recovery team can help you get back into the account. 

If you've also changed your email since setting up the account, you will need to request that change be made first. You can go to this online form to request GoDaddy make that update for you. This is important, as the two-step removal request must come from the same email address as is on the account. (Another security feature to protect accounts from being compromised.)

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post